Apple Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
How to make it
- Combine apple, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4" thickness.
- Divide apple mixture between breasts and roll each breast.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Melt butter in a 7" skillet over medium heat.
- Brown stuffed breasts.
- Add wine and 1/4 cup water.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes OR until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch.
- Stir into juices in pan.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Pour gravy over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.