Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Sage Brown Butter
- 2 large local sweet potatoes, cooked through, peeled
- 1 12-ounce container organic ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 cup high quality Parmesan cheese, grated finely
- 2 tbsp (packed) organic light brown sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted, local butter
- 6 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
How to make it
- Mash sweet potato in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese gradually.
- Add Parmesan cheese, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Mash everything together. Mix in flour gradually until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and divide into six equal pieces.
- Rolling between palms and floured work surface, form each piece into 20-inch-long rope, sprinkling with flour as needed if sticky.
- Cut each rope into 20 pieces.
- Make an imprint with a fork on each piece.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add a handful of salt, and return to boil.
- Don't overcrowd the pot and boil pasta until it floats to the top, about five minutes.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for about five minutes and then add sage.
- Top gnocchi with sage butter and serve immediately
- From Planet Green