Cucumber Salad With Tomato And Red Onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (the better the vinegar, the better the salad)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- pepper to taste
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
How to make it
- Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, and celery seeds in a measuring cup.
- Peel the cucumber (either completely, or leaving a few stripes of green) and slice thinly
- Slice the onion and tomato
- Combine cucumber, onion and tomato in a bowl or a container with tight fitting lid.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and either stir or cover and shake. The vegetables should be well coated in vinegar mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to several days
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve