Chipotle Brisket With Sweet Potatoes
- Time 5-40 minutes
- Serves 10
- 1 c. beer
- 2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 chipotle canned in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. pure ancho chile powder
- 1 (4-lb.) beef brisket, trimmed of surface fat
- 3 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-in pieces
How to make it
- Mix beer, cornmeal, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, chipotle and garlic in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Rub chile powder into brisket; place in slow cooker and turn to coat. Cover and cook on high 6 hours.
- Add potatoes; cook 3 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove meat and potatoes; skim fat from sauce. Slice meat and return with potatoes to the sauce; cover and keep warm up to 2 hours.