Bring An Ingredient Soup
- Time 70 minutes
- Serves 12
- 4 cups sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Ingredients your guests bring
How to make it
- In large stock pot, saute onion and garlic in butter until softened.
- Stir in flour and blend well. Cook until bubbly.
- Add beef broth, tomato puree, vinegar and seasoninings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
- (At this point mixture can be chilled overnight. Reheat before proceeding.)
- Add any vegetables, pasta or rice and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add any cooked meats and heat through.
- Serve in bowls.