Mocha Almond Cheesecake Brownies
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 18
- o 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- o 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- o 3 eggs
- o 2/3 cup butter, softened
- o 1 tsp instant coffee
- o 6 Tbs. baking cocoa
- o ¾ cup flour
- o ½ tsp. baking powder
- o ½ tsp. salt
- o 1 tsp. vanilla
- o ½ cup chopped almonds
- o ½ cup semisweet mini baking chips
How to make it
- Cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until light.
- Beat in one egg until creamy. Set aside.
- Cream butter with remaining sugar.
- Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, until fluffy.
- Beat in cocoa and coffee.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt on waxed paper.
- Add, all at once, to chocolate mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Add vanilla, set 1/3 cup of batter aside.
- Fold chips and almonds into remaining batter; pour into a greased 9-in. x 9-in. square baking pan.
- Spoon cheese mixture over batter.
- Making four rows, spoon 12 tsp. of reserved batter on top of cheesecake mixture; run knife through each row to create heart-like shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 min.