Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 8-10 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1 C Italian breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 block Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Oil for frying
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop ham, then mix ground chicken, ham, egg, and 1/2 C breadcrumbs in a medium sized bowl.
- In shallow dish, mix 1/2 C breadcrumbs and 1/2 C Parmesan cheese.
- Cut Swiss cheese into small cubes.
- Form a meatball around each cube.
- Roll each meatball in the 50/50 mix of breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Fry meatballs until golden brown.
- Place meatballs in a 9 X 13 baking dish, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- For a quick sauce, mix 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 C sour cream, and some shredded cheddar cheese. Heat through.
- I serve this over egg noodles.