Fried Crab Won Tons
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 10
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 6 ounces of crabmeat, claw is fine...picked over for shell and cartilage
- 1/2 tsp of horseradish
- 1/2 tsp of dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley flakes, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of white pepper
- 1/8 tsp of seasoned salt
- (dash of tabasco) my addition to mom's recipe
- 1 16 oz. package of won ton wrappers (from vegetable dept.)
- canola oil
How to make it
- Combine ingredients up to the tabasco in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 8 hours.
- Put about a teaspoon sized bit of filling in the center of each won ton skin.
- Brush edges with water.
- Lift corners over filling and seal, making a pouch.
- Heat oil to 350 degree and fry won tons, one to two minutues each.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve, be careful filling is hot.
- Good with broiled rumaki.
- Dipping sauce can be a purchased sweet and sour sauce.
- Or make you own by melting apricot jelly with a bit of red pepper flakes and touch of cider vinegar.