Best Ever Buffalo Wings
- 5 lb chicken Fresh wings and drumettes ( 20 to 25 pieces )
- 4 Tbs kosher salt
- 4 Tbs Asian hot chiki sauce ) or to your liking
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 tbs butter melted
- 1Ttbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro
- 4 cups oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat
- Place on baking sheet and cover with plastic and chill for 12 hours
- When ready to cook, remove from the fridge and pat dry with paper towels, brushing away any salt
- Let sit 10 to 15 mins at room temperature
- Whisk together the chili sauce, honey, butter, soy sauce and cilantro.
- Check the sauce by tasting and add more honey it too hot.
- Set aside.
- Place oil in a large dutch oven and heat till 275 F.
- Divide chicken in 4 batces and fry wings for 8 minutes
- When all are cooked increase heat to 375F and fry the batches again for 2 minutes or till crispy
- Transfer the pieces again to a paper lined baking sheet to drain and salt and pepper to taste
- Remove chciken pieces to a large bowl and pour over the prepared sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with blow your mind Blue cheese dip if desired