Kitchen Witchs Crockpot Barley Soup
- Kitchen Witch's Crockpot Barley Soup
- Just another tummy warmer - gives me the time I need to shovel - like today - non-stop snow! grrrrrrrrrrr
- Ok - "eyeball it":
- stew meat, cut into cubes - I used 1 3/4 lbs.
- medium onion, diced
- 2 - 3 stalks celery, chopped - add the leaves too
- 3 - 4 carrots, sliced or chunked - your preference
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1 - 2 quarts beef broth (mine was homemade, frozen and thawed)
- diced potatoes
- barley - whatever amount you want
- (we like potatoes and barley - you can omit either - your choice)
- Place ingredients in crockpot - 6 - 8 hours on LOW or 3 - 4 hours on HIGH depending on the age of your crockpot.
- 15 - 20 minutes before serving - add frozen corn and/or peas - heat through and serve.
- This also freezes well!
- Serve with crusty bread and a side salad for a complete meal. Or maybe a panini!
How to make it
- from my collection -
- view more at: