Romaine Gorgonzola And Walnut Salad
- 7 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 3 heads romaine lettuce leaves separated and torn into bite size pieces
- 6 small ripe figs quartered through the stem ends
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 2 small pears quartered cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Gorgonzola cheese at room temperature broken into bite-size pieces
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together walnut and olive oils, balsamic and sherry vinegars, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Toast stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a small bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette then toss lightly and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the torn romaine in a large bowl.
- Add the marinated walnuts and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and toss well.
- Divide among chilled individual plates and top with figs, grapes, pears and cheese.