Black Bean Vegetable Soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can of whole kernel corn
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
How to make it
- Put a little olive oil over a medium flame. Add your onions, garlic, and carrots, until the onion is tender.
- Next you will throw in your chili powder, and cumin. Let this cook for about a minute.
- While still stirring, add the stock, can of beans, corn, and then your pepper.
- This will need to come to a full boil.
- Now grab the tomatoes and rest of the beans and puree them in a food processor.
- When they are done add these to the soup.
- Let this simmer for approx. 15 min, letting the carrots get tender!