Croissant Bread Pudding
- Time 90 minutes
- Serves 10
- 3 extra large eggs
- 8 extra large egg yolks
- 5 cups Half and Half
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 croissants, preferable stale
- 1 cup raisins
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, Half and Half, sugar and vanilla.
- Set custard mixture aside.
- Slice croissant in half horizontally and place bottoms in a 10x15x2" buttered baking dish.
- Add raisins.
- Then add the croissant tops.
- Pour custard over the croissants and allow to soak for 10 minutes, pressing down gently.
- Place pan in a larger pan with an inch of hot water in it.
- Cover the larger pan with foil, tenting the foil so it doesn't touch the custard.
- Cut a few holes in foil to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 40 to 45 minutes more OR until pudding puffs up and the custard is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.