Ginisang MunggoFrom hnypups 8 years ago
- 2 cups dried munggo (mung beans), washed & soaked in water while preparing other ingredients shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, slices shopping list
- 1 cup tinapa flakes (smoked herring), shopping list
- 1 cup hibe (dried shrimps) shopping list
- 1 cup talbos ng ampalaya (bittergourd tendrils) shopping list
- patis (fish sauce) & pepper, to taste shopping list
- optional: shopping list
- 1 cup chicharon (pork rind), roughly crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Put 2 cups of dried munggo in a pot with double to triple volume of water (5-6 cups).
- Bring to a gentle boil and add water if necessary as it boils and the liquid gets absorbed into the beans.
- Continue cooking for 30-40+ minutes or until the beans soften and there is just a little liquid left in the pot (depends how soupy you like it)
- Then in another pan, heat up the oil; sauté garlic and onions.
- Add tomatoes coof until soft, then add tinapa flakes and hibe.
- Tip in the cooked munggo including its sauce. Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Season with patis and pepper and just before taking off of the heat add talbos ng ampalaya.
- When done, place in a bowl, then add chicharon.
- Best served with steamed rice.
The Cookhnypups Quezon City, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!