- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- approximately 1/4 c. fresh grated Romano cheese
- approximately 1/2 c. fresh grated Aged Gouda cheese
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta
- cooked chicken or shrimp if desired
How to make it
- Boil pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta is boiling, in a small sauce pan heat the butter and cream over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat
- for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and pepper. Stir.
- Toss with drained hot pasta and serve immediately.
- Add cooked chicken or shrimp if desired.
- Note: You can play with the ratio of Romano to Aged Gouda to your taste. Just use 3/4 cup of the cheese total.