Thai Shrimp Soup
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 6 oz medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 10 oz bag baby spinach
- 8 oz shitake mushrooms
- 1 lime, juice from
- 1 T zest from the lime
- 1/2 c cilantro, loose packed
- 2-4 T fish sauce to taste (can use soy sauce but it isn't quite the same)
- 1 teas chile paste with garlic (Rooster brand is my favorite)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T minced fresh ginger
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T oil for sauting
How to make it
- Clean, stem and slice the shitake mushrooms
- In a pot add a little olive oil and/or chili oil on medium heat
- Add the shitake mushroom and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the shrimp, cilantro, and spinach.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the spinach. The pot will be full but the spinach cooks down quickly.
- Cook until the spinach is completely wilted
- Add the shrimp and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve hot.