Chicken Breasts With Barbeque Blueberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup finely minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1/4" thickness
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
How to make it
- Combine vinegar, sugar, onion, ginger, allspice, cayenne, ketchup and blueberries in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken then heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce into the skillet and turn chicken over to completely coat.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.