Key Lime Pound Cake With Key Lime Glaze
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 then grease and flour a tube pan.
- Mix flour and baking powder then cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixing just until incorporated.
- Stir in key lime juice and vanilla extract then pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
- While warm prick top of cake with toothpick and pour glaze over warm cake.
- To make glaze combine sugar, butter and key lime juice then bring to boil.
- Continue to boil stirring constantly for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Cool cake completely before cutting.