French Style Rump Roast
- Time 210 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 pound rolled rump roast
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 6 whole cloves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large clove garlic
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium carrots cut into quarters
- 2 medium white onions cut into quarters
- 2 medium turnips cut into quarters
- 2 medium stalks celery cut into 1" pieces
How to make it
- Place roast, salt, thyme, clove, peppercorns, bay leaf and garlic in Dutch oven then add water.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer covered for 3 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients then cover and simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Remove beef and vegetables then cut beef into 1/4" slices.
- Strain broth and serve with beef and vegetables.