Steak Au Poivre In Brandy Cream Sauce Wtih Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 4 (4 oz) filets of beef tenderloin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. ground black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced rosemary
- 2 tsp. minced shallots
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/ 8cup brandy
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. demi glaze
- 1/8 cup blue cheese crumbles
How to make it
- In a bowl combine peppercorns and dust each filet on all sides, remove filets to plate.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on medium heat, carefully sear filets on both sides, about 1 minute each (for rare), then remove from pan, reserving juices in pan.
- In the same hot pan with juices combine butter, shallots, garlic and sauté until slightly browned then carefully deglaze pan with brandy.
- Add rosemary, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Reduce until slightly thickened and adjust for salt.
- Arrange filets on plate, top with sauce and garnish with blue cheese and enjoy.