St Pattys Crock Pot Corned Beef
- Time 480 minutes
- Serves 6
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- small head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 3-4 medium sized carrots, cut into chunks
- 3-4 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- dash of allspice
- 3 whole cloves
How to make it
- Place sliced onions, cabbage wedges, and carrots in crock pot.
- Trim any excess fat from beef (L ike to leave a little)and place in crockpot on top of veggies.
- In a bowl, combine cider , brown sugar, orange zest,mustard, allspice and cloves.
- Put over meat and veggies.
- Cover, cook on low heat for about 8-10 hours.
- Done when meat pulls apart easily with a fork.