Penne And Chicken Tenderloins With Spiced Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoons ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes OR fresh diced with juices
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, rough chop
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken tenders.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen brown bits.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Cook pasta according to package direction to al dente.
- Toss pasta with sauce in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil.