- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together banana, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Stir banana mixture into flour until just combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes,
- or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
- For best flavour, place in an airtight container or bag overnight.