Basic Potato Soup With 4 Variations
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 med. onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 ½ lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, 1
- 4 cups full bodied soymilk
How to make it
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and enough cold water to cover by 3 inches.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are quite soft.
- Drain the vegetables, reserving the liquid, and mash them, adding the soymilk and the reserved cooking water.
- Puree the vegetables. Add more water or soymilk as desired.
- Return the soup to the stove and warm before serving