- Olive oil for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 box store-bought frozen ravioli, about 24
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar store-bought marinara sauce, heated, for dipping
How to make it
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a 2" depth.
- Heat oil over medium heat until it reaches 325 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- While oil is heating, put buttermilk and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Working in batches dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely.
- Allow excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl.
- Dredge ravioli in bread crumbs.
- Place ravioli on a rack on a baking sheet and continue breading the rest.
- When oil is hot fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle ravioli with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with bowl of warmed marinara for dipping.