Copy Cat Duncan Hines Yellow Cake MixFrom sanzoe 4 years ago
- 3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 cups superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 teaspoons imitation butter flavoring shopping list
- 10 drops yellow food coloring shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Combine shortening, vanilla, and food coloring with an electric mixer in a small bowl.
- Spoon shortening mixture into dry ingredients and beat well with mixer on medium speed.
- Mix until no chunks of shortening are visible.
- The mix should resemble cornmeal.
- This is your cake mix, which you can keep in a sealed container for several months until you are ready to make the cake.
- To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease the sides and bottom of two 9 inch baking pans or one 13x9 inch pan.
- Lightly flour pans.
- Blend dry cake mix with the water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl on low speed until moistened.
- Increase to medium speed and beat for two minutes.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 30-33 minutes for 9 inch pan, 35-38 minutes for 13x9 pan. Cupcakes take 19-22 minutes.
The Cooksanzoe Minnetonka, MN
The Rating8 people
Neat recipe, thank you so much for sharing it with us here. Wish I could give you more then a 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Very nice, definitely saved! Five for ya...debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
How nice to be able to make my own cake mix. I use them quite often as a base so this is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!