Bc Turkey Stew In Bread Bowl
- 500 g turkey breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup 18% cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 large kaiser buns
How to make it
- Dust turkey with flour.
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and saute on all sides until lightly browned. Remove turkey and set aside.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic and rosemary.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until onions become transparent.
- Return turkey to the pot and add white wine and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream and season to taste.
- Slice the top third of the kaiser bun off.
- Hollow the bottom of the bun out, leaving a 1/4 inch bread crust to form a bowl.
- 4. Fill each bun with stew, place lid on top and serve.