Cadbury Creme EggFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 drops yellow food coloring shopping list
- 2 drops red food coloring shopping list
- one 12 oz. milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 T. vegetable shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Combine corn syrup, butter, vanilla, salt in a large bowl.
- Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing by hand after each addition.
- Mix well until creamy. Remove about 1/3 of mixture, place it into a small bowl.
- Add yellow, red food coloring, stir well to combine.
- Cover both mixtures, refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- When mixtures are firm, roll a small, marble-size ball from orange
- filling, wrap around it a portion of white filling that is roughly twice
- Form this filling into shape of an egg, place it onto a cookie sheet that has been brushed with a light coating of shortening.
- Repeat process with the remaining filling ingredients and then refrigerate these "eggs" for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Combine the milk chocolate chips with the shortening in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Microwave chocolate on HIGH for 1 minute, then stir, and microwave again for 1 minute more; stir.
- Use a fork to dip each center into the chocolate; tap the fork lightly on the side of the bowl, then place each candy onto waxed paper. Chill. After 1-2 hours of chilling, dip each candy once more, and chill for several hours, or until completely firm.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating4 people
More then anything else, these look like a lot of fun to make. I wonder how they would do with Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum in place of the vanilla?quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
This is great recipe Stormy but what about the chocolate part of the recipe?aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Saving this one to try!m2googee in Tomball loved it