15 Bean Burger lower sodiumFrom momoften 4 years ago
- Serving size: 2-medium cookie scoops, (@1/2 cup?) shopping list
- 1 20-ounce bag 15 bean soup mix, (don't use the seasoning packet) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram shopping list
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats shopping list
- 1 cup instant potato flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Sort beans on a sheet pan with sides, rinse in a collander. Put in a 4 quart saucepan and cover with 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 80-90 minutes, until beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic in the butter. In the last minutes of sauteeing, stir in the spices.
- Drain the beans, reserving about 1/2 cup liquid or you can drain fully and you will need to add water later.
- Put in a large food processor, or you can mash by hand.
- Put the onion mixture, oats and potato flakes in processor.
- Blend until mostly smooth, but leave some whole and pieces of beans.
- Form patties, keep your hands wet. Place on a baking tray and chill.
- Grill: on a broiler pan 4 minutes a side.
- Bake: 350*F for 30 minutes
- Fry: in butter or oil. You could roll in Panko crumbs if desired, the crunch is good.
- calories: 122
- from fat: 16
- Total fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 122 mg
- Total Carb: 19 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 8g
- Vit A: 4%
- Calcium: 4%
- Vit C: 1%
- Iron: 9%
The Cookmomoften Neenah, WI
The Rating5 people
These are just wonderful. I love them and am a vegetarian so I appreciate these..Thank you for this addition done in A plus fashion....high five...Susiepuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
These sound great. Will try soon. Thanks!
dione73 in US loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!