- 1 lb. ground beef ( we use ground Turkey)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbls. oil
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 cup jarred Chunky Salsa ( I use my homemade Salsa)
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch) OR 6 flour tortillas (8-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3-4 Tbls. Cilantro chopped
How to make it
- Add the onions, garlic to the oil in a skillet and saute' a couple of min.
- add the beef and cook till brown. drain if needed.
- In a bowl stir the soup, tomato paste, chili powder, salsa, water, tortillas and half the cheese .
- Add mixture to beef and mix well
- Spoon into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover.
- Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with chopped Cilantro.
- I serve with spanish rice.