- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white onion minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely minced
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 pound chicken halved
How to make it
- Combine oil, butter, onion, garlic, food coloring, cumin, lemon and orange juices in a large shallow pan then add chicken halves and turn to coat well.
- Cover and marinate several hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade then cook over medium coals on grill or in a broiler 4 inches under source of heat for 25 minutes.
- Cut chicken halves into pieces and serve.