Apple Surprise Bundt Cake
- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 10
- 2 cups granny smith apples - peel and chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Note: Mix these three ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Well grease the bundt pan
- In a mixer bowl at med/low speed blend the sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla together.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt together.
- Add flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Add the peeled and chopped apples, sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle the greased bundt pan with a coating of sugar (optional)
- Quickly fill the bundt pan with the batter.
- Bake for about 60 minutes - test to make sure cake it done.
- Cool for 15 minutes, turn onto a cake platter and dust with powder sugar.
- Note: The sprinkle of sugar to the bundt pan adds a sweet crunch to the outside of the cake.