Apricot Pineapple Jam
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 144
- 3 cups apricots ; pitted and chopped
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 package pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 8 cups sugar
How to make it
- Measure apricots into 6-8 qt. saucepot.
- Add pineapple and lemon juice.
- Stir pectin into fruit mixture.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Add butter.
- Stir in sugar quickly.
- Bring back to a rolling boil and boil exactly 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with two piece lids. Screw bands tightly.
- Invert onto a clean towel.
- After 5 minutes, turn upright, check for seals.
- Makes about 9 cups of jam.