Acorn Squash With Asiago Cheese
- • 3 small acorn squash
- • 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- • 4 tablespoons butter
- • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- • 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- • 1 teaspoon onion powder
- • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make it
- Cut acorn squashes in half and remove seeds and strings.
- In a saucepan combine butter, sugar, sage, onion powder, maple syrup, salt and pepper and heat until butter is melted and sugar disolved.
- Brush mixture over the inside of the acorn squash.
- Grill squash pieces cut side up over a medium indirect heat for about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley over the cut side of the squash and continue grilling for about 20 minutes or until soft and the cheese is browned.
- Serve warm