Giant Stuffed Shrimp
- • 10 jumbo shrimp (prawns, 6 to 8 per pound), peeled
- • 1 cup white wine
- • 1 tablespoon butter
- • 1 cup hot mashed potatoes
- • 1 cup sauteed spinach
- • Slivers of dried tomato, to taste
- Crab, Shrimp & Brie Stuffing
- • 1/4 pound crabmeat, Dungeness or blue, picked over, drained
- • 1/4 pound bay (salad) shrimp, cooked, drained, cooled, chopped
- • 1/2 pound brie cheese, rinds removed, cut into small dice
- • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- To prepare the stuffing: Combine all ingredients well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Butterfly the jumbo shrimp. Place the shrimp butterfly-side up in a pie tin and place a small amount (about 1 tablespoon) stuffing in the middle of each.
- Add the wine and the butter to the pie tin and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and retain the pan juices.
- To plate: Place a serving of potatoes in the middle of 2 dinner plates. Surround the potatoes with the sauteed spinach and sprinkle the spinach lightly with a few dried tomato slices.
- Arrange the shrimp around the mashed potatoes and over the spinach with the tails sticking up toward the middle. Drizzle the reserved cooking juices on top of the shrimp.