Zucchini And Green Herb Omelet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, oregano or tarragon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese; grated
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese grated
How to make it
- Heat broiler and place a skillet over high heat then when it is hot add oil.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper then cook stirring occasionally until zucchini begins to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium low then add eggs, green onions and herbs.
- Cook gently using fork to lift cooked portions from sides so uncooked center flows underneath.
- Cook until omelet is almost set about 5 minutes then scatter mozzarella over omelet.
- Transfer pan to heated broiler then broil 45 minutes.
- Brush with vinegar and sprinkle parmesan over top then serve hot or at room temperature.