Barbecued Water Chestnuts
- 2 cans whole (not sliced) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 dash soy sauce, optional
How to make it
- Wrap chestnuts in 1/2 to 1/3 piece of bacon. Hold together with
- toothpicks Do this much in advance . The day of the event, broil
- or bake at 400F until bacon browns. Drain off bacon grease well.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce well and pour over water
- chestnuts. Bake or broil until sauce is bubbly and tops of water
- chestnuts are slightly browned. Can also be kept hot in a slow-cooker
- before serving.