Mexican Corn Bread-Pan De Elote
- 1 - 1lb. can cream style corn
- 1 cup biscuit mix ( use Bisquick)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tblsp melted margarine
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1/2 lb Jack Cheese, thinly sliced
How to make it
- Combine corn, biscuit mix, egg, butter, sugar & milk.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Turn half the batter into a well greased 8 inch square
- baking dish.
- Cover with chilies, then cheese slices.
- Spread remaining batter over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 min until browned.
- Serve hot.