Baked Strawberry Crumble Pie
- 3 pints (2 1/2 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Your favorite 9" pie crust recipe or store-bought pie crust - thawed
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake pie shell until pie crust is slightly browned.
- Fill pie crust (cooled) with strawberry mixture.
- Blend together flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs over strawberries.
- Bake at 400F on sheet of aluminum foil for 45 minutes, or until crust is nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cool, with cream if desired.