Mamon Filipino Sponge Cake
- Time 25 minutes
- Serves 18
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 eggyolks
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggwhites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- In a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- Gradually add sugar while beating.
- Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Divide sifted cake flour with baking powder into four.
- Add one part of the flour mixture, beat with a spoon until lumps are gone.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and alternately with 1 part of the flour mixture Continue beating until smooth.
- Line small muffin pans (serves 9 big muffin cups) with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.