Hot And Sticky Chicken Wings
- Time 210 minutes
- Serves 6
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 (18-ounce) jar apricot-pineapple preserves (recommended: Smuckers)
- 2 tablespoons citrus herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
How to make it
- Light broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. Rinse wings with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place wings on baking sheet skin-side up.
- Broil wings for 8 to 10 minutes while preparing sauce.
- NOTE: this step can be omitted, but produces a better tasting wing.
- Place wings in the crock of 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir to combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over wings and stir to coat.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.