Mushrooms And Shrimp Penne In Bacon Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1lb penne pasta
- 1/2lb bacon, diced for frying(see photo for how I prepare bacon for such dishes)
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Italian style tomatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2T fresh basil, chopped
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
How to make it
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, leaving grease
- Add butter to pan
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic to pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Boil water for pasta, and cook per package directions.
- Add cream cheese to veggies and heat through while pasta cooks. Stir frequently to completely melt cream cheese.
- Add shrimp, green onions, basil and bacon and continue to cook until shrimp turns pink.
- In large bowl, combine drained pasta with sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.