Teriyaki Shark Kabobs
- • 2 pounds fresh shark meat, cut in 1 inch chunks
- • 1 can (16 oz) pineapple chunks
- • 1/2 cup soy sauce
- • 1/4 cup sherry (optional)
- • 2 TBSP brown sugar
- • 1 tsp ground ginger
- • 1 tsp dry mustard
- • 1 clove crushed garlic
- • 1 orange pepper, cut in 1 inch squares
- • cherry tomatoes
- • mushrooms
- • onions
- • bamboo or metal skewers
How to make it
- 1. Drain pineapple chunks reserving 1/4 cup of juice.
- 2. Make marinade by combining pineapple juice, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger, mustard, and garlic. Pour marinade over fish chunks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Drain fish and reserve marinade. Thread fish chunks, pineapple chunks, bell pepper squares, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and onion wedges alternately on skewers.
- 4. Cook over hot coals or under broiler about 4 inches from source of heat for 5 minutes. Baste with marinade. Turn and cook for 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.