- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 T. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix, divided
- 2 T. water
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped green bell pepper
How to make it
- Stir together crushed tortilla chips and butter; press into bottom of a 9" springform
- pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Cook beef over medium heat, stirring to crumble, until no longer pink; drain and pat
- dry with paper towels. Return beef to skillet. Reserve 1 tsp. taco seasoning mix. Stir
- remaining taco seasoning mix and 2 T. water into beef. Cook over medium heat, stirring,
- until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with mixer until fluffy; add eggs and reserved 1 tsp.
- taco seasoning, beating until blended. Add cheddar cheese, beat until blended. Spread
- this mixture evenly over crust and 1" up sides of pan. Spoon in beef mixture. Spread
- cream cheese mixture from around sides of pan over beef mixture, forming a 1" border.
- Combine sour cream and flour, spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges;
- release sides. Serve warm with toppings like lettuce, tomato and extra sour cream.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.