Diner Meatloaf With Crater Gravy
- 1 1/4 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- hot cooked mashed potatoes
How to make it
- Combine ground beef, pork, oatmeal and eggs.
- Mix in milk, tomato juice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pack firmly into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and water. Cook until bubbly.
- Whisk in cream of mushroom soup.
- Heat through.
- Serve meatloaf slices and mashed potatoes with gravy.