Date Cream Cheese Roll-ups
- Time 15 minutes
- Serves 30
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 lb. of cream cheese
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Powdered sugar
- Pitted dates
How to make it
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- blend in flour and salt.
- Chill for several hours until firm enough to roll.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness on board, sprinkled heavily with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 1 x 3 inch strips with a pastry wheel.
- Put a date in the center of each strip and roll up.
- Place folded side down on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more powdered sugar.