Pineapple Cake Squares
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine ingredients in order given in a medium bowl.
- Beat until all ingredients are thoroughly combined but be careful not to over beat.
- Pour batter into greased rectangular pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Melt preserves and spread over cake then return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let pan cool on rack then cut into desired serving pieces.