Baked Salmon Pie
- 1/4 lb Salt pork
- 1 lb Salmon streak;or fillets skinned & cut into pieces
- 2 tb Flour
- 1/4 c Celery;chopped
- 1 tb Onion;finely chopped
- 1 Potato; medium, peeled & sliced
- Salt & ground white pepper
- Pastry for double crust 9" pie
How to make it
- Cut salt pork into think strips and spread evenly in the bottom of a 2 qt casserole.
- Dredge salmon lightly with flour. Arrange half the fish on the salt pork. Sprinkle with half of the celery, onion and potato slices;
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out half of the pastry, slightly thicker than normal, to fit the size of the casserole.
- Cover potato layer with the pastry, cutting two large vents.
- Pour in water through the vents until level with the pastry.
- Layer with the remaining fish, celery, onion and potato to taste.
- Cover with top pastry crust and again cut out two vents.
- Pour water in vents until level with pastry.
- Bake pie in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours or till crust is golden-brown.