Split Pea And Ham Soup
- Time 124 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 lb. of dried split peas
- 1 c. of chopped carrots
- 1 lb. of leftover ham bone with meat attached
- 1 c. of chopped onions
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- First place an ham bone in large pot over medium flame.
- Now add water to cover the bone and let come to a boil.
- Now lower flame and let simmer overnight.
- Then you will cut meat off bone(discard bone).
- Add any meat off of the bone to the pot.
- Now add the onion, garlic, and pepper, letting simmer for one hour.
- Now add in the split peas and carrots and cook one more hour.
- Ladle into bowls and serve!