Real Old-fashioned Cup O Cocoa
- 1 heaping TBS unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 heaping TBS finely granulated sugar (or more to taste; start with this)
- Dash salt
- 1 TBS boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot milk (full-fat if you dare, it's much better!)
- Whipped cream as topping if desired
How to make it
- Heat milk in microwave or on stovetop until hot but not boiling.
- Stir cocoa, sugar and salt together in a large mug.
- If possible, for this whole recipe, use a small wire whisk.
- Whisk the 1 tsp. boiling water into the cup and stir until it is a smooth paste.
- Still whisking, add the hot milk and stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla, top with whipped cream if you're feeling decadent, and...